DA Form 11-2 – Army Pubs DA 11-2 Fillable – Internal Control Evaluation Certification (DA Form 11-2), also known as the Managers’ Internal Control Program Evaluation Certification, is a form that is used during the evaluation of the administration of the Managers’ Internal Control Program. The certification is intended to provide Assessable Unit Managers (AUM) and Internal Control Administrators (ICA) with an evaluation of the major internal controls stated in the certification document.
The Internal Control Evaluations Plan (ICEP) outlines the areas that need to be reviewed, the time period during which the evaluations will be conducted, and the official who will be in charge of overseeing the assessment process. Proof that the assessment was accurately done and properly recorded is provided by the successfully completed DA Form 11-2.
According to the United States Department of the Army (USDA), the most current version of the form (often wrongly referred to as DD Form 11) was made available on September 1, 2012, rendering all earlier copies outdated. It is possible to download and electronically file the most recent fillable DA Form 11-2 by clicking on the link below, or it may be accessed on the Army Publishing Directorate website.
Instructions for DA Form 11-2
For a complete description of DA Form 11-2 as well as additional guidelines, see Army Regulation 11-2, Managers’ Internal Control Program, which can be found here. The following are the filing instructions:
- Providing the AR number that oversees the function being evaluated is the purpose of Block 1 (“Regulation Number”).
- It is necessary to provide the date when the controlling rule was enacted in Block 2 (“Date of Regulation”).
- Block 3 (“Assessable Unit”) is used to provide the name of the organization that is managed by the assessment unit.
- Block 4 (“Function”) must specify the function that is being evaluated in accordance with the inventory and Management Control Plan maintained by the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management and Comptroller (ASA FM&C).
- ICA uses Block 5 (“Technique of Assessment”) to specify the method of evaluation to be utilized in the evaluation. If the assessment is carried out using a Management Control Evaluation Checklist, Block 5A should be ticked, and a copy of the completed checklist should be submitted to the form as an attachment. If the assessment is carried out in conjunction with an existing management review procedure, Block 5B should be ticked.
- Block 6 (“Assessment Conducted By”) is where you may include the name of the individual who is overseeing the evaluation process.
- It is necessary to identify the major controls testing techniques (direct observation, sampling, etc.) as well as any potential vulnerabilities in the internal control system and the remedial steps that have been performed in Block 7 (“Remarks”).
- Block 8 (“Certification”) asks for the AUM’s name, title, and signature, as well as the date on which he or she signed the form.