DA Form 12-99 -Army Pubs DA 12-99 Fillable – A form called DA Form 12-99, Initial Distribution Requirements for Publications, is used to create and manage initial distribution requirements for physical publications, including books and magazines. It may be used internally for Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and nuclear weapons technical documents to detect any new initial distribution needs or adjustments before the publications are made available for public viewing on the internet.
According to the United States Department of the Army (DA), the most current version of the document – which is frequently wrongly referred to as DD Form 12-99 – was produced on June 1, 2021, rendering all prior forms outdated. It is possible to access and download an up-to-date fillable DA Form 12-99 from the Army Publishing Directorate (APD) website, which may be obtained via the link below.
Submission of distribution needs and the establishment of subscriber accounts online using the APD Ordering Portal is the most efficient method of keeping all requirements up to date.
Do You Know How To Fill Out The DA Form 12-99?
Detailed information and filing instructions may be found in the Department of the Army Pamphlet 25-40, Army Publishing Program Procedures, which is available online. The following are the instructions for DA Form 12-99:
- Block 1 contains the date on which the form was submitted.
- The Army publishing account number is located in block two.
- Block 3 necessitates the inclusion of the organization’s entire postal address, including the nine-digit ZIP Code.
- Block 4, Thru, needs the selection of one of the two alternatives listed below:
- Located at 3rd Street and M Avenue in New Cumberland, Pennsylvania 17070-5096, the commander of the United States Army Security Assistance Command (with the office symbol for the USASAC central case manager).
- A separate form must be completed and sent to the Chief, U.S. Army C-E Services Office (SFIS-FAS-M), MCEB Branch, 200 Stovall Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22332-2200, along with the subscription form for the Joint Army, Navy, and Air Force Publications (JANAP) in Alexandria, Virginia.
- The IDN for each publication must be entered in the column named “Publication Number,” which may be found on the Ordering Portal website under the heading “Publication Number.”
- Amount: The number of copies of each book requested by the organization is shown in the column labeled “Quantity.” To cancel an existing subscription, just type “none” into the appropriate field.