DA Form 200 – Army Pubs DA 200 Fillable – Army Transmittal Record, also known as the Transmittal Record, is an official form published by the United States Army and used inside the military to maintain track of Army property that is being transferred from one receiving party to another shipping party. The form serves as a means of organizing and documenting the specifics of each delivery. There should be no confusion between the Army’s newly issued form and DA Form 200, Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss, which is used during inquiries into a financial liability for the loss of military property.
As of May 1, 2013, all prior versions of DA Form 200 were deemed obsolete by the Department of the Army (DA). An up-to-date blank DA Form 200 fillable form may be downloaded from the link provided below. The form may also be obtained through the Army Publishing Directorate’s website, or it can be requested via the proper channels of authority.
When Should I Complete DA Form 200?
When planning to transmit any material that is the property of the United States Army to any recipient, individuals must complete and submit DA Form 200. The transmittal record is created to assist in specifying all data surrounding the shipment of Army property and its delivery to the receiver, and it is filled out by the sender on behalf of the Army.
Instructions for DA Form 200
A summary of DA Form 200, as well as for instructions on how to file it, may be found in AR 25-50, Preparing and Managing Correspondence. The following are the step-by-step instructions:
- In Box 1, indicate the security classification to be used to determine the shipping method and the appropriate security measures to be used.
- Fill in Box 2 with the shipping number you received.
- Boxes 3, 4, and 5 are used to input the shipping date and identifying information.
- Containers 6 through 11 are meant to hold information such as authorization for the shipment, the number of records delivered, the name and phone number of the person who should be contacted, as well as information about both the sender and the receiver.
- If you want a return receipt, you may request one in Box 11 of the package. This means that the DA Form 200 will be signed, duplicated, and returned by the receiver in this situation.
- Boxes 12, 13, and 14 should be used to specify the kind of media that was shipped, its format, and the number of boxes and things that were included in the shipment. Box 12 contains a list of the many kinds of media that are available. If you are unable to locate the type you want, you may create a custom type by entering it in the blank area given below the list.
- Boxes 15, 16, and 17 should be used to provide the shipment method and delivery instructions, as well as any other information that may be required.
- The last box on the form is used for any extra information that was not previously provided in the preceding sections.
- After the form has been correctly completed and the material has been transmitted, both the sender and the receiver are required to retain their copies of DA Form 200 for documentation.