DA Form 2404 – Army Pubs DA 2404 Fillable – A form that can be filled out DA Form 2404 is a form used by the United States Army to report equipment maintenance and inspection. The Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet is another name for this document. All inspections and maintenance are done on equipment belonging to the United States Army. It contains information on the equipment that is being examined, as well as information regarding the issues that are occurring with the equipment and what needs to be done. Maintenance professionals sign and date this form, which is then maintained on file as a record of the work done on the property.
What is a DA Form 2404 and How Does It Work?
The Department of the Army will make use of a DA Form 2404 for this purpose. It is a Worksheet for the Inspection and Maintenance of Equipment. It will be used to preserve a record of any inspections performed on equipment that is utilized by the Armed Forces, as well as any other information. It will also include information on the equipment’s status and any maintenance that has been performed on it.
The form will need to provide a description of the exact object that is being examined. Once this is completed, any flaws or inadequacies with the equipment must be recorded, along with the measures that will be done to correct them. An authorized maintenance specialist must sign and initial this document once the repairs have been successfully done. This document should be maintained on file as a record of all equipment inspections and repairs performed on the equipment.
Instructions On How To Complete The DA Form 2404
It is necessary for you to give the following information on DA Form 2404 in order to complete it:
- Nomenclature and model
- Rounds fired
- HOT starts
- Type inspection
- Applicable reference: TM number, TM date, TM number, TM date
- Signature of the person performing the inspection
- Signature of maintenance supervisor
- Man Hours required
- For each item: 1). TM Item number, 2). Status
- X – a deficiency that places equipment in inoperable status
- Circled X – deficiency where the equipment may be operated under specific limitations as directed by higher authority or as prescribed locally until corrective action can be accomplished
- Horizontal dash – a required inspection, component replacement, maintenance operation check, or test flight is due but has not been accomplished, or an overdue MWO has not been accomplished
- Diagonal – material defect other than a deficiency which must be corrected to make an item completely serviceable
- Last name initial in black, blue-black ink, or pencil – completely satisfactory condition exists
- For aircraft – status symbols must be recorded in red
- Deficiencies and shortcomings
- Corrective action
- Initial when corrected
DA Form 2404 – Army Pubs DA 2404 Fillable
Related Post For DA Form 2404
Incoming search terms:
- 2404 army
- da form 2404 pdf fillable