DA Form 2446 – Army Pubs DA 2446 Fillable – DA Form 2446 is a form that may be used to request orders within the United States Army if it is judged that a separate request for orders is not required.
This form, frequently referred to inaccurately as DD Form 2446, was produced by the United States Department of the Army (DA) on January 1, 1976. It supersedes the previous 1973 edition of the document. Fillable DA Form 2446 is available for digital filing and download below, or it may be downloaded on the Army Publishing Directorate website.
Overall, the DA Form 2446 guarantees that the information required to complete and legalize the activity is passed through the chain of command as it should be. Both DD Form 1610, Seek and Authorization for TDY Travel of DoD Personnel, and DA Form 31 (Request and Authority for Leave) are used to request these types of authorization. It is impossible to utilize this form to seek emergency leave or TDY orders.
The DA Form 2446: What to Do and How to Fill It Out
The AR 600-8-105, Military Orders, contains procedural instructions and further information on the subject. The following are the instructions for DA Form 2446:
- Only organizations with no access to the Tactical Army Combat Service Support Computer System, the Tactical Army Combat Service Support Computer System (Enhanced), or the Installation-Level Integrated Database and Subject Area Database computers are permitted to use the Tactical Army Combat Service Support Computer System. Commanders are urged to reduce the usage of paper forms in their operations. This is required to standardize orders throughout the Army, decrease waiting times, and remove the need to utilize DA Form 2446.
- To begin, fill in the fields labeled “Date,” “To,” and “From,” which must be completed by authorized individuals. The form continues with the heading.
- The “Title of Format” is taken from the order format page currently being utilized. A “Standard Name Line” is submitted to the court if necessary. If this information is not provided on the orders format page, the box must be left blank to avoid errors. Each of the “Lead Lines” is taken straight from the orders format page, and a response in the “Variable Information” column is required for each lead line.
- At the bottom of the page, the requestor’s name, contact information, and signature must be included in the request.
- The completed DA Form 2446 must be delivered to the Administrative Services Division of the organization providing the service (ASD).