DA Form 3439 – Army Pubs DA 3439 Fillable – DA Form 3439, Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality Employment Inquiry, is a form that is used by the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) Human Resources Division to verify prior employment prior to all offers of NAF employment, with the exception of emergency flexible appointments, except for emergency flexible appointments.
According to the United States Department of the Army (DA), the most recent version of the form – frequently wrongly referred to as DD Form 3439 – was published on August 1, 2019, rendering the prior iteration outdated. Fillable DA Form 3439 versions are available for digital filing and download below, or they may be obtained on the Army Publishing Directorate’s website.
A Non-Appropriated Fund employee, often known as a “NAF employee,” is a government employee who receives a salary paid from revenues produced by Army-run clubs, sports centers, golf courses, and other activities that employ NAF employees. “Flexible” work and “regular” jobs are the two categories of NAF employment available. Employees who are flexible in their work schedules might work anywhere from zero to forty hours per week and are not eligible for benefits. Employers with regular hours work between twenty and forty hours each week, earning a salary and receiving certain benefits.
The DA Form 3439: What to Do and How to Fill It Out
The AR 215-3, Non-Appropriated Funds Instrumentalities Personnel Policy, contains procedural instructions as well as other information. DA The following are the instructions for completing DA Form 3439:
- Requests for personnel actions, letters of reprimand, copies of DD Form 1172-2, Application for Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment, and internal placement forms are just a few of the documents and forms that will be contained in a temporary electronic official personnel folder, or eOPF, during your time as a member of the NAF.
- The CPAC NAF HR Division will create a suitability file for the information and documents gathered during the background check and keep it on file for future reference. This information will be used to analyze whether or not a potential or existing NAF employee is a good fit for the position being advertised. The following forms will be included in this file: a
- Form 306, Declaration of Federal Employment, is an optional form that may be completed.
- NAF Certificate of Medical Examination (DA Form 3437), issued by the Department of the Army.
- Employment Inquiry for NAF Instrumentality, DA Form 3439
- military records check in the area, and also a check with local law enforcement
- Investigations by the Criminal Investigation Command or the Defense Central Investigation Index;
- Checks with the FBI and the Army Substance Abuse Program were performed.
- Verification of the gateway for personnel security investigations;
- Choosing whether or not to accept a job offer
- Security clearance files will also be established by the CPAC NAF HRD Division, and such files will be retained for a period of two years from the date of separation. An employee’s eOPF cannot include any sections of the suitability file.