DA Form 5960 – Army Pubs DA 5960 Fillable – A document is known as DA Form 5960, Authorization to Commence, Stop, or Change Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) and/or Variable Housing Allowance (VHA), is used to permit military authorities to begin, stop, or change the payment of Basic Allowance for Quarters and/or Variable Housing Allowance. The financial element of in-processing requires each soldier, regardless of dependent status, to re-certify his or her eligibility for the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) during this time. This re-certification is accomplished via the use of the DA Form 5960. When applying for BAH, the soldier must submit evidence of support or residency for any dependents who are living with them.
The Department of the Army (DA) amended DA Form 5960 on September 1, 1990, which is often referred to incorrectly as DA Form 5960. The most recent version of DA Form 5960 was released on September 1, 1990. You may download and print a fillable DA Form 5960 from the Department of the Army’s website, or you can find it on the Army Publishing Directorate’s website.
Instructions For DA Form 5960
Fill up the blanks with your personal information in boxes 1 through 3. Name, rank, and Social Security Number are all included in this section (SSN).
- In Box 4, describe the action you intend to take as a result of filling out the form.
- In Box 5, provide your duty location, the day, and the sort of quarters you will be staying.
- Fill in the blanks in Boxes 7 and 8 to indicate your marital and dependant status.
- Box 9 contains a description of the sort of accommodations you will be living in.
- Please fill out Box 10 with the details on any dependents who will be sharing your quarters with you.
- Fill in the blanks with information about your monthly costs as well as equivalent accounting information for any dependents who are not presently living with you in Box 12 of the form. Include your monthly mortgage and insurance payments, as well as any other recurring commitments.
- Sign and date the form, and then pass it over to the commanding officer for signature and completion of the process. Keep a copy of the DA Form 5960 form for your records, and transmit the original to the appropriate authorities as soon as possible.
Every soldier is required to recertify their eligibility for the Basic Allowance for Housing on a yearly basis. The documentation required for re-certification comprises the DA Form 5960, the DD Form 93, the Record of Emergency Data, and the Servicemember’s Group Life Insurance (SGLV). During the Annual Personnel and Financial Record Reviews, all documentation must be current and accessible via the iPERMS Record Review Tool.
DA Form 5960 – Army Pubs DA 5960 Fillable
Related Post For DA Form 5960
Incoming search terms:
- 5960 army
- da 5960
- da 5960 army
- da 5960 fillable 2021
- da 5960 pdf download
- da5960 fillable