DA Form 647 – Army Pubs DA 647 Fillable – In the Electronic Military Personnel Office (eMILPO), DA Form 647 (Personnel Register) is a source document that is used to register personnel moves within units while completing a permanent change of station (PCS) or when performing the temporary assignment. The register is also used to keep track of items such as leaves, passes, and visits. During and after duty hours, commanders shall create procedures for maintaining the DA Form 647, and a location where the form will be kept during and after duty hours will be designated.
The most recent version of the form, which is frequently wrongly referred to as DD Form 647, was made available by the United States Department of the Army (DA) on June 1 of this year. For your convenience, an up-to-date DA Form 647 fillable version is available for download and digital filing below, or you may visit the Army Publishing Directorate website.
The personnel registration is not classified and has been cleared for public distribution; nonetheless, it may not be provided to foreigners according to international treaties. All foreigners are required to complete DA Form 647-1, the Personnel Register.
The DA Form 647: What to Do and How to Fill It Out
Pamphlet 600-8, Military Human Resources Management Administrative Procedures, published by the Department of the Army, as well as Army Regulation 600-8-6, Personnel Accounting and Strength Reporting, include more information and instructions. The following are the instructions for DA Form 647:
- The form should be utilized until all of the available slots have been filled. All submissions must be printed or written in black ink on white paper. Personnel signing in or out should personally certify the form with their signature unless commanders select a representative to sign on their behalf, in which case the representative’s name and title must be indicated in the notes box on the form.
- The name of the organization that utilizes the DA Form 647, as well as the proper date, is required in the top boxes of the form.
- When a duty status change occurs, the first column (Column 1) records the date and time of the change. If the form was used for the first time, the first item should reflect the date on which it was utilized.
- Specify the kind of movement being conducted in columns 2 and 3 (“Action”) by specifying whether it is an arrival or a departure.
- It is necessary to justify the relocation in the following block (columns 4 through 7). (permanent change of the station, temporary duty, or other). If a soldier is departing on transition leave, they should tick the PCS block and state the number of days of leave they will be taking in the comments section.
- When a servicemember enters information in Column 1, Column 8 needs the service member’s name as well as their signature. Column 9 is used to identify the grade of the service member who signed the form in Column 8 of the document.
- Every service member who checks in or out must personally sign the register at the entrance or exit. If this is not possible, commanders are permitted to appoint a representative to take reports on their behalf and to sign the report form on their behalf. Every submission must include the name and title of the representative, which must be mentioned in the notes section.
To record the physical muster formation – also known as PAI – in the event of a change of command or the death of the commander, the Defense Department will utilize DA Form 3986, Personnel Asset Inventory. Typically, this is completed fourteen days before the unit is transferred to a new duty station.